Wednesday, April 18, 2012

More Beautiful

Have you ever noticed that there are those people who the longer you know them, the more beautiful they seem? And sometimes you think it is because the more you get to know them, the more you see their spirit shine through. And other times, it is because that person is growing and flourishing. Thriving. And you watch them blossom right before your eyes. When Jenna, our good friend (and fellow Southwest Fretted Philly), took the stage last night at Dixie College's Vocal Recital, my jaw dropped. I am used to her being more beautiful each time I see her, but her command of the stage was simply stunning.

And as an added bonus, she sounded great! I have always been a fan of her voice, but I could really see the work she'd put into her craft (although it is still fun to mock vocalists for skating by on their God given talent -- what are they a bunch of teacher's pets? -- or as we say in the field of theology, a bunch of best-beloveds)


3 comments:

  1. That was so beautiful, the singing as well as Jenna. I loved the flower and the red shirt! I remember being amazed when Amanda started taking lessons. We didn't even know who she was when she began to sing! I wonder if you felt the same about Jenna.

    ReplyDelete
  2. Wow, Joan...way too kind, as usual :) The thing that keeps me going, though, is the support I get from lovely folks like my family and you. Thanks so much for all the love and encouragement!

    ReplyDelete
  3. I echo your kind and complimentary words, Joan! I, too, was blown away by the beauty, poise and talent displayed in Jenna's performance and I am her mother! I told her that night, "You've come a long way, baby." Jenna determined in high school that she wanted to develop the talent of singing and has dedicated considerable time and effort to this end. I am so proud of her! Thank you, Joan, for your friendship, love and support...and videography. :)

    ReplyDelete